The Connect with Tech Advisory Board is comprised of approximately six members responsible for coordinating the individual hosting opportunities for prospective students and their families.
Applications for this role typically become available in early spring. A highly diverse group of students is sought for these positions.
This year’s Advisory Board consists of the following roles:
Senior Program Advisors: Emma Heaslet and Paul Abkowitz
Academic Outreach: AJ Smith
- Sets up schedule of classes for students to attend each semester
- Coordinates logistics of dismissal and escorting to classes if needed
- Maintains contact with faculty and advisors who assist with the program
- Serves as liaison to college or major level ambassador groups on campus
- Virtual lectures
Individual Outreach: Priyesh Shah
- Coordinates student hosts to serve as minglers prior to Admission information sessions
- Q&A prior to session, intentional interactions to occupy families
- Coordinate Lunch/ Coffee hosting for invited students and Gold Carpet Days
- Explore potential shadow host for selected high profile students
- Coordinates post-event follow up and admitted postcard campaign
- 1-2 dates with weekend/ social programming
Alumni, Parent, and Panel: Erin Gwaltney
- Coordinates and trains hosts to staff student panels for Gold Carpet Day and Counselor events.
- Serves as liaison to GT Young Alumni and CWT Alumni group to garner participation for yield events and program support
- Coordinates with the GT Parent’s Program Director to secure parent volunteers for Gold Carpet Day events.
- Specific folks for topics like housing, safety etc. Multiple panels at various times.
- Detailed stuff for students
- Panels for parents run by Exec
- Accessibility to campus events, one off events
Virtual Outreach: JJ Stewart
- Develop digital outreach materials using Host Team such as a Video FAQ
- Design interactions on-line for prospective students such as Facebook Live, virtual student panels, chat nights
- Assist Communications Staff in developing digital Student Profiles for prospective and admitted students to request interactions with current GT students
- Match individual hosts with students for virtual connection and conversation via email, Skype etc