Georgia Tech is a selective institution (see our policy on competitive admission); therefore, the freshman application process is competitive in nature. Each year we have many more students who apply than we can admit, so we use a holistic process when reviewing freshman applications to ensure we give all students the best opportunity to present a complete picture of their qualifications.
Our holistic review includes consideration of following factors:
- Academic Performance & Course Selection
- ACT/SAT Scores
- Extracurricular Involvement
- Personal Essays
- School Report
- Other Standardized Tests
- Online Interview for Non-native English Speakers
To learn more about the statistical profile of our freshmen, review our most recent class profile.
Freshman Application Checklist
- Consider which deadline is right for you, and view non-refundable application fees
- Have your SAT/ACT scores sent directly from the testing agency
- Request your high school transcript and school forms from your high school counselor
- Apply using the Common Application
- Contact the Common Application Applicant Help Center for any technical issues you encounter.