Frequently Asked Questions
BSRT stands for Black Student Recruitment Team. It’s composed of a team of current GT students who share their experience on campus and recruit prospective students through individual visits, phone calls, emails and events.
Black Student Recruitment includes efforts to increase the amount of Black admitted students who choose Georgia Tech as their college of choice. The goal of recruitment is to inform students and families of the community that awaits them via:
- Contact with BSRT.
- Visitation opportunities for prospective students and their families to connect with current students.
- Authentic on-campus experiences through overnight visitation programs.
- Connections with resources for minority students around campus for prospective students and families.
No. The admission standards are the same for all students admitted to Georgia Tech. We conduct a holistic review process for every applicant. You may learn more about that process on our holistic review webpage.
You can connect with our team in a variety of ways:
- Daily Visits: speak with an BSRT member while you're campus for a freshman information session.
- Phone Calls / Emails: to schedule a conversation with a current student, parent of a current student, or alumni, contact our team directly.
- Mentors: admitted student who want to be paired with a mentor can contact our office.
- Connect with us and receive the latest news and updates on admission at Georgia Tech.