Applicants who are not offered first-year admission and have a family member (grandparent, parent, sibling, or GT employee) affiliated with Georgia Tech at the point of application will be given the opportunity to apply as a transfer student through the Conditional Transfer Pathway Program.
The Conditional Transfer Pathway offer is valid for the Fall semester one year after beginning full-time college studies. Students choosing to stay at another institution beyond one year of matriculation or who are unable to complete the requirements above will need to apply and be reviewed in our regular, competitive transfer applicant pool. More details related to specific transfer requirements, including required courses, may be found here.
Conditional Transfer Pathway Criteria
- After graduating from high school, complete a minimum of 30 transferable semester hours (or 45 quarter hours) at an accredited college in the United States.
- Complete all required courses based on your intended major prior to the established document deadline.
- Establish a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher and a combined math/science GPA of 3.3 or higher. The cumulative GPA includes all courses taken at all colleges and/or universities attended. The math/science GPA includes a combination of all mathematics courses at the calculus level and higher along with all natural science courses including both lecture and laboratory components.
- Apply for transfer admission by the fall application deadline and submit all official transcript(s) showing completion of the above criteria by the corresponding document deadline for that term.
- Note: Applicants to Music Technology must submit a portfolio for review by faculty as part of their application. Approval of the portfolio is also required for admission to this program. If your portfolio is not approved and you meet all other criteria of the Conditional Transfer Pathway, you will have the opportunity to enroll at Georgia Tech in your secondary major.