Evaluating your Test Scores
All freshman applicants must take the SAT and/or the ACT with writing. We accept both tests and have no preference between the two. We use your highest section scores in the evaluation process. Each time you submit new scores to us, we will update your record with your highest scores. Our bottom line is that testing is only one part of our holistic review, and we want students to be able to put their best foot forward.
Sending Your Test Scores
Official test scores must be sent directly to Georgia Tech from the testing agency.
Use the following codes to request that your scores be sent to us:
- SAT school code: 5248
- ACT school code: 0818
When You Should Test
You are strongly encouraged to complete your file as quickly as possible. To receive a decision in the round to which you have applied, your test scores must sent by:
- Early Action - December 1
- Regular Decision - February 1
Our advice for completing this portion of the application
- Take both tests! Many students feel more comfortable with one testing format over the other, resulting in higher scores.
- Send us your scores when you take the test – don’t wait! Your scores may fluctuate with each test instance, but we will only use the highest section in our review of your application. Delaying sending us your scores could put you at risk of missing an application date or being excluded from information sent from our office.
- Keep us informed. If you plan to retake a test after your submission date, tell us on your application.