First-year applicants who are Georgia residents and are not offered first-year admission within the College of Design, Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts, and College of Sciences may be given the opportunity to apply as a transfer student through the Arts and Sciences Pathway program.
This program is for previous first-year applicants who are Georgia residents and only for the fall term.
The Arts & Sciences Transfer Pathway offer is valid for the Fall semester one year after beginning full-time college studies. Students choosing to stay at another institution beyond one year of matriculation or who are unable to complete the requirements below will need to apply and be reviewed in our regular, competitive transfer applicant pool. More details related to specific transfer requirements, including required courses, may be found here.
Arts & Sciences Pathway Program Criteria
- After graduating from high school, complete a minimum of 30 semester hours (or 45 quarter hours) at a fully accredited college in the United States. Completed coursework should align with the degree requirements of the intended major at Georgia Tech.
- Complete course requirements by major prior to the established fall document deadline.
- Establish both a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher and a combined math/lab science GPA of 3.3 or higher. The cumulative GPA includes all courses taken at all colleges and/or universities attended. The math/lab science GPA includes a combination of mathematics courses at the calculus level and higher along with all natural science courses including both lecture and laboratory components.
- Apply for transfer admission for the following fall term by published application deadlines and submit all official transcript(s) showing completion of the above criteria by the corresponding document deadline.
- Note: Applicants to Music Technology must submit a portfolio for review by faculty as part of their application. Approval of the portfolio is also required for admission to this program. If your portfolio is not approved and you meet all other criteria of the Arts & Sciences Transfer Pathway, you will have the opportunity to enroll at Georgia Tech in your secondary major.
- Applicants may change their major when applying for the Arts & Sciences Pathway Program as long it is a major within the Colleges of Design, Liberal Arts, or Sciences.
This program does not include the College of Computing, College of Engineering, or Scheller College of Business. Prior first-year applicants with interest in the Colleges of Business, Computing, or Engineering may apply through our regular transfer admission process or engineering partnership programs.