Join Our Team
The application for Spring 2020 Tour Guides is available Monday, October 28 until Friday, November 8, 2019 at midnight. See link below to apply.
Georgia Tech Tour Guide Requirements
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Must be enrolled at Tech through at least Fall 2020.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Must be adaptable and able to market Tech to a wide variety of visitors (prospective students, faculty, alumni, or other).
- Must demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic attitude and strong customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to commit fully to responsibilities and represent the Institute in a professional, positive manner.
- Must commit to a minimum of two semesters (alternating semesters for co-op students).
- Must be available to give two tour a week at 11:30 a.m.-12:45p.m. or 2:15 - 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Tour Guides must arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time. (Please provide at least three dates and times you have available for scheduling purposes)
- Must be available to attend the mandatory training session on Sunday, January 12.
Expectations for Tour Guides
- Tour Guides serve as information resources and friendly representatives of Georgia Tech for visiting families, faculty, staff and students.
- Tour Guides are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to their tour time each week (e.g. arrive by 11:15 a.m. for 11:30 a.m. tours and arrive by 2 p.m. for 2:15 p.m. tours).
- Each week during their tour time, Tour Guides should be prepared to either give a tour or help in the office.
- Tour Guides are expected to look polished and professional by adhering to the Tour Guide Dress Code.
- Tour Guides are required to give one tour each week of the academic semester. Tardiness and missed tours/meetings are not tolerated. If a Tour Guide is sick or has an appropriate reason for missing their weekly tour, they may attempt to find a replacement guide by the procedures outlined during training.