The application for 2019 tour guides is available Monday, October 29 until Friday, November 9, 2018. See link below to apply.
Georgia Tech Tour Guide Requirements
Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Must be enrolled at Tech through at least Fall 2019 or Spring 2020.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Must be adaptable and able to market Tech to a wide variety of visitors (prospective students, faculty, alumni, or other).
- Must demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic attitude and strong customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to commit fully to responsibilities and represent the Institute in a professional, positive manner.
- Must commit to a minimum of two semesters (alternating semesters for co-op students).
- Must be available to give one tour a week at 11:30 a.m.-12:45p.m. or 2:15 - 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (Please provide at least three dates and times you have available for scheduling purposes)
- Must be available to attend the mandatory training sessions. Training dates and times are TBD.
- Must be available to attend mandatory biweekly meetings Monday evenings at 6 p.m.
- Must be available for the Preview Georgia Tech on Monday, February 18, 2019.
Expectations for Tour Guides
- Tour Guides serve as information resources and friendly representatives of Georgia Tech for visiting families, faculty, staff and students.
- Tour Guides are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to their tour time each week (e.g. arrive by 11:15 a.m. for 11:30 a.m. tours and arrive by 2 p.m. for 2:15 p.m. tours).
- Each week during their tour time, Tour Guides should be prepared to either give a tour or help in the office.
- Tour Guides are expected to look polished and professional by adhering to the Tour Guide Dress Code.
- Weekly tours and biweekly meetings are mandatory. Tardiness and missed tours/meetings are not tolerated. If a Tour Guide is sick or has an appropriate reason for missing their weekly tour, they may attempt to find a replacement guide by the procedures outlined during training.