With the current changes to Summer classes moving remote, we will now be moving our GT Tour Guide recruitment to intaking a class in the Fall of 2020. We will continue with the interview and selection process in the month of April for these students. Training will take place when school returns to campus in August.
Georgia Tech Tour Guide Requirements
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Must be enrolled at Tech through at least Spring 2021.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Must be adaptable and able to market Tech to a wide variety of visitors (prospective students, faculty, alumni, or other).
- Must demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic attitude and strong customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to commit fully to responsibilities and represent the Institute in a professional, positive manner.
- Must commit to a minimum of two semesters (alternating semesters for a co-op or students studying abroad).
- Must be available to give one tour a week at 11:30 a.m.-12:45p.m. or 2:15 - 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Tour Guides must arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time. (Please provide at least three dates and times you have available for scheduling purposes)
- Must be available to attend the mandatory training session on Sunday, August 23.
Learn all about being a Georgia Tech Tour Guide from current members! Ask your questions about the interview process, time commitments throughout the semester, and anything else you can think of. Join us online!
- Monday 4/6 at 4pm https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/saaxwgax
- Tuesday 4/7 at 11am https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/qqpapgev
- Wednesday 4/8 at 4pm https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/xkxcbghg
Expectations for Tour Guides
- Tour Guides serve as information resources and friendly representatives of Georgia Tech for visiting families, faculty, staff and students.
- Tour Guides are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to their tour time each week (e.g. arrive by 11:15 a.m. for 11:30 a.m. tours and arrive by 2 p.m. for 2:15 p.m. tours).
- Each week during their tour time, Tour Guides should be prepared to either give a tour or help in the office.
- Tour Guides are expected to look polished and professional by adhering to the Tour Guide Dress Code.
- During the traditional academic semesters, each Tour Guide has a requirement of one tour per week. Tardiness and missed tours/meetings are not tolerated. If a Tour Guide is sick or has an appropriate reason for missing their weekly tour, they may attempt to find a replacement guide by the procedures outlined during training.