Apply to be a Georgia Tech Tour Guide for FALL 2017
Georgia Tech Tour Guide Requirements
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be enrolled at Tech through at least spring 2018.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Must be adaptable and able to market Georgia Tech to a wide variety of visitors (prospective students, faculty, alumni, or other)
- Must demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic attitude and strong customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to commit fully to responsibilities and represent the Institute in a professional, positive manner.
- Must commit to a minimum of two semesters within one academic year (fall 2017 and spring 2018 OR fall 2017 and summer 2018).
- Must be available to give two tours a week at either 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. or 2 - 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
The Application Process
- Applications for fall 2017 will become available at noon on Monday, August 21.
- Applications for fall 2017 will close Monday, September 4.
- Applications will be reviewed September 5-7, and applicants will be notified by Friday, September 8 if they are moving forward in the interview process.
- Interviews will be held on September 10-11 in the evening, and interviewees will be notified about whether they have been selected to be a GT Tour Guide by Wednesday, September 13.
- Mandatory training for all tour guides will be held Sunday, September 17 from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.