Transfer Credit

To determine if a college course will transfer to Georgia Tech for credit, please read the Institute’s transfer credit policy and review the transfer equivalency table.

Collegiate credits earned as part of a dual enrollment or early college program may satisfy course requirements by major and receive transfer credit after review of the transfer equivalency table.

Transfer Equivalency Table

The transfer equivalency table lists all coursework and institutions (domestic and international) currently evaluated for transfer credit by Georgia Tech.  The Registrar’s Office manages and updates the table on a regular basis as transfer credit decisions are made by academic departments.

Transfer Credit Evaluation

A credit evaluation request may be required as part of a transfer application. A credit evaluation request can be sent after a transfer application has been submitted and a Georgia Tech identification (GTID) established. Log into the transfer credit website to review instructions on how to submit a credit evaluation request to the Registrar’s Office.

A credit evaluation request is ONLY required for coursework NOT LISTED on the transfer equivalency table that satisfies a course requirement by major (and advanced mathematics and lab science courses).

  • English Composition (ENGL 1101 or 1102)
  • Mathematics (Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations)
  • Lab Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences)
  • Computer Science (CS 1301 or CS 1371)
Additional Important Information
  • Select the correct TERM (see equivalent data for all terms) when using the transfer equivalency table.
  • Check the admission-required box on the credit evaluation request form.
  • DO NOT submit credit evaluation requests for coursework already listed on the transfer equivalency table or non-admission required coursework (Engineering, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Wellness).
  • Allow a minimum of 15 – 20 business days for credit evaluation results from the Registrar’s Office.