The Conditional Pathway Program is an optional transfer path and valid only for the specific transfer application terms below. Students choosing to stay at another institution beyond the eligible transfer terms listed below, or unable to complete the requirements, will need to apply as part of our regular, competitive transfer application process.
First-year applicants for the fall 2020 term not offered first-year admission may be given the opportunity to apply as a transfer student for the fall 2021 term through the Conditional Transfer Pathway. This pathway is for the fall 2021 term only.
First-year applicants for the fall 2021 term not offered first-year admission may be given the opportunity to apply as a transfer student for the summer 2022 term through the Conditional Transfer Pathway. This pathway is for the summer 2022 term only.
Conditional Transfer Pathway Requirements:
- Submit a transfer application for your specific transfer term.
- Fall 2020 First-year applicants – fall application deadline is March 1, 2021.
- Fall 2021 First-year applicants – summer application deadline is January 15, 2022.
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours (or 45 quarter credits) at a U.S. regionally accredited college by the appropriate document deadline.
- Complete the minimum course requirements for your intended major by the appropriate document deadline. Click here to review the course requirements by major chart.
- Submit an official transcript by the application document deadline.
- Fall 2020 First-year applicants – fall document deadline is June 1, 2021.
- Fall 2021 First-year applicants – summer document deadline is February 1, 2022.
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher and a combined math/lab science GPA of 3.3 or higher. The cumulative GPA includes coursework taken at all colleges and/or universities attended. The math and lab science GPA includes mathematics courses at the calculus level and higher combined with natural science courses including both lecture and laboratory components.
- Note: Applicants to Music Technology must submit a portfolio for review by faculty as part of their application. Approval of the portfolio is also required for admission to this program. If your portfolio is not approved and you meet all other criteria of the Conditional Transfer Pathway, you will have the opportunity to enroll at Georgia Tech in your secondary major.