Application and Admission
To apply, students must submit the following documents:
- Application for Dual Enrollment Admission
- High School transcript including spring courses and grades.
- College transcript from any other institution attended.
- Results from SAT or ACT sent directly from the testing agency. You may self-report test scores for the admission process. Admitted students must have official scores sent from the testing agency.
- AP test results if needed to fulfill pre-requisites for courses you wish to take.
Students who are offered admission must submit the following enrollment documents:
- Official SAT or ACT and AP scores, if not previously submitted.
- Student Participation agreement and Dual Enrollment funding application completed online
- Verification of lawful presence in the United States
- Immunization records (only for students taking dual enrollment classes on the main Tech campus)
- Class Schedule Planning Form (only for students taking dual enrollment classes on the main Tech campus)
Deadlines & Decision Release
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester (Distance Computer Science Only)|
|Application Available||May 15 – June 15||September 15 – October 16|
|Transcripts and SAT/ACT due||June 15||October 16|
|AP scores due||July 10||NA|
|Decisions Released||July 17||November 2|
|Enrollment documents due||August 1||November 16|
Criteria Considered for Admission
The Admission Committee considers the following criteria in our holistic admission process:
- High school and college courses
- SAT or ACT results
- AP test results
Below is the profile of students who were offered admission for Fall 2019 dual enrollment.
|Criteria||Average (middle 50%)|
|Number of weighted (AP/IB/Dual Enrollment) through the end of Junior year||5 - 8|
|SAT EBRW + Math||1470 - 1550|
|SAT EBRW||710 - 770|
|SAT Math||770 - 800|
|ACT Composite||34 - 35|
|ACT English||34 - 36|
|ACT Reading||33 - 36|
|ACT Math||34 - 36|
|GPA||4.31 - 4.55|
|Numeric Average||98.3 - 101.5|
Georgia Tech Policy on Competitive Admission for Dual Enrollment Applicants
The undergraduate admissions process identifies applicants who will benefit from the Georgia Tech learning environment and enrich the entire student body. For complete details, read the Georgia Tech Policy on Competitive Admission.
Discipline Review Policy
We consider student discipline situations on an individual basis, within the framework of the values we uphold as a university. For complete details, read the Georgia Tech Discipline Review Policy.