Georgia Tech Tour Guide Requirements
Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Must be enrolled at Tech through at least Fall 2018 or Spring 2019.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Must be adaptable and able to market Georgia Tech to a wide variety of visitors (prospective students, faculty, alumni, or other).
- Must demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic attitude and strong customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to commit fully to responsibilities and represent the Institute in a professional, positive manner.
- Must commit to a minimum of 2 semesters (alternating semesters for co-op students).
- During the summer term, guides are expected to give two tours a week unless their academic and/or work schedule prevents them from doing so. In the event of an approved schedule conflict, guides will only give one tour a week. During the fall and spring terms, guides need to be able to give one tour a week. For the summer term, please provide at least three dates and times you have available for scheduling purposes.
- Must be available to attend the mandatory training sessions. Training dates and times are TBD.
- During the fall and spring term, must be available to attend mandatory biweekly meetings Monday evenings at 6:00 P.M. These meetings do not occur during the summer.
- Summer tour guides are paid at a rate of $8/hour for a two-hour commitment ($16/tour). It is the responsibility of each guide to fill out all necessary paperwork and keep their bi-weekly timesheet up to date to receive proper payment.
Expectations for Tour Guides
- Serve as information resources and friendly representatives of Georgia Tech for visiting families, faculty, staff and students.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to their tour time each week (i.e. arrive by 11:15 A.M. for 11:30 A.M. tours and arrive by 2:00 P.M. for 2:15 P.M. tours).
- Be prepared to either give a tour or help in the office during their tour time.
- Maintain a polished and professional appearance by adhering to the Tour Guide Dress Code.
- Assigned tour and scheduled meeting attendance is mandatory. Tardiness and missed tours/meetings are not tolerated. If a Tour Guide is sick or has an appropriate reason for missing their weekly tour, they may attempt to find a replacement guide by the procedures outlined during training.
- Once you are assigned a weekly tour time, you will not be able to change it in the middle of the semester.