In accordance with University System of Georgia policy, students admitted to Georgia Tech must verify their lawful presence in the United States prior to enrollment.
Deferred Action Status
Students in Deferred Action status do not qualify for enrollment based on USG policy.
Students who submit the FAFSA do not need to submit additional documentation unless requested. International students who hold or apply for a visa do not need to submit additional documentation unless requested.
Please submit a copy of one of the following documents through your Admission Portal. You will not be allowed to register for classes until your lawful presence is verified.
- A current Driver's License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008. A "limited term" license, a license/ID issued by a state other than Georgia, or a license issued for a period of less than two years is invalid for verification purposes.
- A copy of an original or certified US birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal. The copy must clearly show the raised or written seal to be acceptable. Copies that are not clear or do not show the seal cannot be accepted.
- A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570).
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561).
- A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240).
- A current U.S. Passport.
- A current military ID (service member only, not dependent). Service members must present the military ID to our Registrar’s office for confirmation and documentation. A photocopy is not acceptable.
- A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)
Non U.S. Citizens
If you are a U.S. Permanent Resident, please provide a front and back copy of your current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I551).
If you are a pending U.S. Permanent Resident, please provide a copy of your pending I-485 receipt notice and your current visa.
If you are a noncitizen U.S. visa-holding applicant, please provide a copy of your current, valid visa and/or other immigration documentation. These may include:
- I-327 (Reentry Permit)
- I-571 (Refugee Travel Document)
- I-766 (Employment Authorization Card)
- Machine Readable Immigration Visa (with Temporary I-551 Language)
- Temporary I-551 Stamp (on passport or I-94)
- I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record)
- I-94 (Arrival Departure Record) in unexpired foreign passport
- Unexpired foreign passport
- I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant [F-1] Student Status)
- DS2019 (Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor [J-1] Status)
If you are an F-1 or J-1 international student (if you will be an F-1 or J-1 student sponsored by Georgia Tech), you will meet with a representative from the Office of International Education upon arrival for mandatory immigration check-in to verify your immigration documents.