The First-Generation Transfer Pathway Program is an optional transfer path and valid only for the fall semester one year after high school graduation and full-time college studies. Students choosing to stay at another institution beyond the eligible transfer term below or unable to complete the requirements below will need to apply as part of our regular, competitive transfer application process.
First-year applicants for the fall 2020 term who are Georgia residents and are not offered first-year admission may be given the opportunity to apply as a transfer student for the fall 2021 term through the First-Generation Transfer Pathway. This pathway is for fall 2021 term only.
First-year applicants for the fall 2021 term who are Georgia residents or domestic non-residents and are not offered first-year admission may be given the opportunity to apply as a transfer student for the fall 2022 term through the First-Generation Transfer Pathway. This pathway is for fall 2022 term only.
First-Generation Transfer Pathway Requirements:
- Submit a fall transfer application by March 1. Click here to view application deadlines.
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours (or 45 quarter credits) at a U.S. regionally accredited college by June 1.
- Complete the minimum course requirements for your intended major by June 1. Click here to review the course requirement by major chart.
- Submit an official transcript with final spring grades by June 1.
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher and a combined math/lab science GPA of 3.3 or higher. The cumulative GPA includes coursework taken at all colleges and/or universities attended. The math/lab science GPA includes a combination of mathematics courses at the calculus level and higher along with all-natural science courses including both lecture and laboratory components.
- Note: Applicants to Music Technology must submit a portfolio for review by faculty as part of their application. Approval of the portfolio is also required for admission to this program. If your portfolio is not approved and you meet all other criteria of the Conditional Transfer Pathway, you will have the opportunity to enroll at Georgia Tech in your secondary major.