Two short answer essays are required as part of the transfer application. The purpose of the essays is to assess your writing ability and, more importantly, to learn more about you as an individual. This portion of the application helps us get to know you, assess mutual fit and better understand what you could contribute to Georgia Tech.
Current Essay Questions
Why do you want to study your chosen major at Georgia Tech, and what opportunities at Georgia Tech will prepare you in that field after graduation?
Describe your entrepreneur experience? What role can Georgia Tech play in developing your entrepreneurial interests?
Georgia Tech is committed to developing leaders to improve the global human condition. Tell us how you have improved or hope to improve the human condition in your community.
Describe a challenge, setback, or failure you have faced and overcome. What did you learn from this experience?
Describe an activity, topic, or idea you find captivating and prioritize time to participate in and learn more about. Why is it important to you?
What We Are Looking For
Essays are evaluated for both content and writing/grammatical skills. So, before submitting your application, you should take the time to edit and review your essay thoroughly. The traits of a strong essay include ones that:
- Demonstrate authenticity
- Brings you to life on paper
- Are excellent in topic, style, and grammar
- Demonstrate thoughtfulness
Our advice for completing this portion of the application
- Get started early. Don’t wait until the last minute to complete your essays!
- Write and edit your essay in a document editor. Once you have the final draft, you can cut and paste it into your online application.
- Don’t overthink it. It may not be easy to write about yourself, but just write what you feel most comfortable with.
- Don’t write what you think we want to read. Write what you want to say!